APC - Ascension APC - Ascension

This really isn't a genre that I enjoy much, but, regardless, it's easy to tell this is quality. The sound quality is very smooth, and it has nice transitions. I also enjoyed how you switch up the bpm throughout... I felt the song flourished at about 1 minute, the first minute of the song were the hardest to listen to, maybe switch it up? That piano throughout really saved the score in my opinion. I especially liked the flutters of keys at about 1:50-1:52. That was fresh. The whole mid-section, where it sounds more... ambient , as well as the end(5:00-end) were my favorite parts of the song. Ambient is my favorite genre you see. All in all, a good, quality, emotional peace with mixed emotions that is a good listen. Literally my only complaint is the intro. Good job bro!

APerfectContrast responds:

Thanks!

I agree, i personally have always loved ambient / chill out music the most and it kind of shows in this track.
To be honest, the only part I really love when the drums are playing is when the music goes to that two bass line pattern at around 4:15. It's not that i dislike the rest of the track with the different bassline, it's just that this section onwards sounds a lot more uplifting, which is what the track was supposed to be and the first parts of the track fall a little bit short.

Thanks for the review! :)

A park in Mosul A park in Mosul

My my, friend, you've outdone yourself. This is ambiance at it's finest. Truly a wonderful work riddled deep with emotion... The only advice I have, and this is probably a biased one since I use it on everything myself, is to add piano, two different classes, and have the notes being rather sparse.

Phonometrologist responds:

Ah thank you very much. Surely must be if that were to come from yourself as I always enjoyed your own ambient works. This was very therapeutic and quick to write as I found myself in a desperate state of emotion.
About piano, I know exactly what you mean, and you do that technique quite well, but you see, what you are actually hearing is a piano and nothing more.

Deep Void Deep Void

It came out great BDog, I especially liked the change up at halfway.

bdog705 responds:

thanks! it was actually fun to make this, the drums just went perfect with it

Video game audio Video game audio

Actually made my ears hurt. What even... smh

Can White Be Just As Dark Can White Be Just As Dark

Would've liked a few more sounds, and it was difficult to connect the song to your description. Still a good song though, good for getting lost in your head.

Insanctuary responds:

It's all relative, is it not? Then again; I don't think a whale's belly should be noisy. Girls don't need more vomit-induced makeup.

Darkness Darkness

This jont cranks but there ain't nothing old about it

Fading Away Fading Away

Simple and yet so pristine, keep up the wonderful work, thanks for sharing.

Theuglys1222 responds:

lol

False Haven False Haven

I'm in love with this song Chemiqals. It's unique and simple is a good way.

Chemiqals responds:

Thank you! So glad you enjoyed it!

Ectopic beat Ectopic beat

Now this is unique. The tone is darn right dreadful. It brings to mind Silent Hill. It is not easy to pull off a song of horror. I know because I tried. All the sounds utilized were more than appropriate. You did an excellent job with the rise. The climax is my favorite part by far. And then the resolution gives me a sense of like... a temporary calm, just like in Silent hill. Like the killing has stopped, but rest assured it will return. I truly did enjoy this, thank you for sharing. Keep up the good work!

Phonometrologist responds:

You know, I am least satisfied with this piece out of the ones I’ve uploaded. Working through the structure brought frustration. To me, it’s not as “ugly” or “Horrifying” as it could have been, but I’m glad you thought it did its job.
Thank you for the review as I find your comments to be very interesting.
As I think back about the process of creating it then, I can remember not looking forward to working on this in the late hours before dawn when I often times had to…

Merry X-Men Merry X-Men

I see you're style hasn't really changed. I've always really appreciated ambient. This was great, good job like always.

Insanctuary responds: